Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help restore my laptop to factory settings!

• Please log in to reply

chevy_chic72

chevy_chic72

• Pip
  • 2 posts
i have a compaq laptop. its windows vista home basic. i dont have a cd to reboot to factory settings and wen i do the key it tells me it tells me it has been deleted and i dont know how to get it back or where to start to get it back. and i cant order the reboot cd back to factory settings either. PLEASE someone help me and the website to do this. Thank you Dianna

Edit: I removed your 2nd post with your E-mail address. We only provide support in the forum. Just wanted to let you know where it went :lol:

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Dianna, what is the complete model number of your Compaq laptop computer? Need that to look at the manual to see how to restore it to factory state.

The key should be in a COA sticker, probably on the bottom of the laptop.