Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer not loading!

• Please log in to reply

Shahir

Shahir

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Hi, after the success of my virus removal a few years ago, I could really do with some help right about now!

Basically. the computer just doesn't load, it freezes on the windows start up screen. I have a vista and the loading screen has the green bar at the bottom which indicates the start up and this continues to move but it doesn't load. I left it over night and woke up with the same screen. I have attempted to start it via safe mode and as safe mode starts a load of script scrolls down and then it freezes, restarts and stops back at the windows start up screen again.

When i force shut down, the option appears to start windows normally or (i cant remember the name of the option) when i choose the other option a blue screen appears and shuts down.

Its been like this for a month! I can't access my dissertation and i've been using this as procastination so I really need some help!

Thanks!

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I have attempted to start it via safe mode and as safe mode starts a load of script scrolls down and then it freezes, restarts and stops back at the windows start up screen again.

Those are actually the generic drivers safe mode loads. It would help if you can tell us what is the last driver it loads before it reboots.

When i force shut down, the option appears to start windows normally or (i cant remember the name of the option) when i choose the other option a blue screen appears and shuts down.

• Start your system and at the Second post screen tap on F8 to get to the Boot Menu
  • Use the Arrow Keys to Scroll down to the line that says "Auto Start On Error" and highlight it.
  • Click Enter to disable it
  • The system should reboot and if not then do so.
  • When the BSOD shows it will stop so that you can reply with the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

Shahir

Shahir

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thanks for helping!

the screen stops at:
loaded: :\windows\systems\driver.crcdisk.sys

Sorry, im a noob when it comes to computers, what does BDOS mean? Also, i was wrong, it freezes at the micrsoft corporation screen, this is before the windows screen.

Thank you.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
BSOD is Blue Screen Of Death
It is a screen that is blue with white lettering that gives you technical reasons for the issue at hand.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 17 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.