Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Importing OE into Yahoo

• Please log in to reply

tjmcs

tjmcs

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Greetings,

Hopefully, this is the correct forum. I need to import Outlook Express messages and contacts into Yahoo mail. I have searched the web for instructions and am reading confusing instructions. My problem is, I am importing from one computer (an XP harddrive from a machine with a blown mobo) into another computer (a Win7 machine).

I have a Rosewill cable converter adapter (RCW608) that I use with my XP machine to access files on another XP hd. I plan on accessing my friends XP drive with it. Since I can access the drive, how do I import OE into yahoo?

I hope I have not confussed you to bad. Please ask for clarification if needed.

Thank you.

joe

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Yahoo Mail is an online email solution. You don't "import" anything into it. You just log into the website and the emails are there.

If you want the emails from Outlook Express onto the Windows 7 machine, you'll need to download Windows Live Mail first, then import them into that. There is no Outlook Express in Windows 7.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Hi, Neil

Outlook Express emails and contacts can be imported into Live Mail?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Windows Live Mail, the program, yes.

tjmcs

tjmcs

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
Thank you.