Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp recently infected still som strange files

• Please log in to reply

jamiemad1

jamiemad1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello, Thank you for the help clearing my computer, you guys do an outstanding job, and are true hero,s of the computer world. I have one problem and this happened in the past, a couple times when I enter the combofix / uninstall ( I copied and pasted as well) It restarts combofix every-time wanting to run the program again is this ok or should it come up saying uninstall only, it asked me to disable my antivirus so that it can run combofix. Thank you and I will continue with the other steps.

Advertisements

jamiemad1

jamiemad1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Ok I got everything cleared up except combo fix and the Avast anti root kit. Thanks again computer seems good so far

WhiteHat

WhiteHat

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 1,925 posts
Hi,

Sorry for delay.

ComboFix already been removed by OTL and to delete the aswMBR, you only need to delete the .exe file from your desktop.

:thumbsup: