Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

REformatting Harddisk

• Please log in to reply

vir2lreality

vir2lreality

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I want to reformat my HP PC. it came with a Refromat Disk(actuali its 3 CDs.) It used to work well last time whenever i wanted 2 reformat. But now when i slot in the CD and restart my system it doesn't go to the reformat screen. rather it jus starts up windows as normal. I dunno wats wrong..n jus for ur info..my computer seems 2 be full of spyware n nonsense..

can any1 help me with this????I really wanna restore my PC 2 factory settings..

Thanx alot in advance

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
is it possible you or someone changed the boot order in bios?

Can you check the boot order in bios---usually tapping the DEL, f1 or f2 key during the HP splash screen, then looking for a setting called BOOT or boot order.

Is the CD dirty?

When was the last time you cleaned the cd-reader? Does the CD reader read other cds from within windows?

vir2lreality

vir2lreality

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Actuali i did change the boot order the other day..I changed it to the CD drive 1st then the Hard drive then the other things(Like floppy).. Is it ok??or was i wrong in doing that??

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
cd first is correct....make sure you saved the changes.

vir2lreality

vir2lreality

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Yes I did save the settings. It still didn't appear. It jus went straight to the windows screen again. is there anything else i can do??

btw..thanx for ur v.fast replies :tazz: