Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Zone Alarm wierdness

• Please log in to reply

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
I can't find the answer anywhere!!! Every morning when I boot up, I get a file named zone alarm. At frist it had games in it, but now it comes up empty (I moved it once to My Documents).... I don't want it coming up!! Can you advise??? :tazz:

Advertisements

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
have you tried deleting the folder?? are you running Zone Alarm Firewall??

georgeblitz

georgeblitz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
YES I AM RUNNING ZONE ALARM FIREWALL. I KNOW ZONE ALARM IS CREATING THIS FILE EVERY BOOT-UP, BUT WHY? IT CAME UP LAST TIME FULL OF GAMES. THE FOLDER ITSELF HAS THE TITLE 'ZONE DELUXE GAMES'. ANY IDEAS??

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi georgeblitz

A few thoughts on a strange problem :tazz:

I found this online

Go to the Program Files directory and go inside the Zone.com folder. The tree should look something like :\Program Files\Zone.com\Zone Deluxe Games

Simply drag and drop the "Zone Deluxe Games" folder into the folder labelled "Program Files", and delete the "Zone.com" folder. Now ZoneAlarm should load without any problem.

Zone Deluxe Games seems to be part of MSN Games By Zone.com. ;) If the above doesn't work, try uninstalling anything associated with Zone.com. Look thru your Add/remove programs.

I also found another user with the same problem. In their case they cleared it up by running spybot & ad-aware. See our advice Here to find links to these programs in the event you already don't use them. you may as well follow all the advice step by step and post your log here. Either Efwis or I will look at it and see if you have any unresolve malware issues.

Hope this helps. :ph34r:

Experienced Ignoramus

Experienced Ignoramus

• Pip
  • 1 posts
An update on your advice: SpyBot S & D and AdAware don't find the Zone Deluxe Games, but moving the subfolder to Program Files and deleting the Zone.com folder does allow Zone Alarm to load. Also, the Zone Games IS in the Add/Delete Programs list.

Now a question: does anyone know whether this was OEM installed with a new computer? Some things I read lead me to believe that Microsoft or HP (my machine, in this case) installed it, while others lead me to believe that I picked it up while playing with my new machine (before I secured it with AV and Firewall).

Dragon

Dragon

All Around Computer Nut

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
These are not OEM, generally it is through the master website such as zone.msn.com. this could have been installed by MSN if you use them for your interenet connection.