Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Is the "PC Tune-Up cd fromTiger Direct worth $30?

• Please log in to reply

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I just bought a motherboard from Tiger Direct. The salesperson I talked to on the phone suggested a "PC Tune Up" disk, so I bought it. The case says it helps with memeory optimization, hard drive degragmentation, and automatic driver updates. I do all the maintainence on my computer with various free software. Is this disk worth keeping, or should I send it back and get my $30 back? I suspect these computer optimization disks are an easy way for Tiger Direct and others to make easy money. Thanks for any replies.

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Send it back!

• 34,114 posts
I agree as miracle tune up disk usually will cause more problems then they can fix. Good old fashion maintenance does a much better job.