Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google page doesnt open in any of the browsers

• Please log in to reply

Sujith S Menon

Sujith S Menon

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a windos XP and recently I am having trouble in opening the google page. The funny thing is that this is the only page I am not able to open on any of the browsers. Tried the following steps:

1. Checked the host file to see if there are any suspicious entries.
2. Checked the internet options if it has been added to the restricted sites list.
3. Cleared the cookies and temp files.
4. Ran malware bytes and removed 2 infections found on the system.
5. Checked in safe mode if that is causing the issue.
6. Disabled the firewall feature in the antivirus program installed to check if that has blocked the page by any means.
7. Ran Hijack this and deleted suspicious entries.
8. Checked the run entry in HKLM and HKCU to check if there are any suspicious entries there.

But still I am having the same issue. Any other suggestions which can be helpful?

Advertisements

Sujith S Menon

Sujith S Menon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Isnt there anybody who knows a resolution for the same?

Sujith S Menon

Sujith S Menon

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the network drivers and tried in a new user account. Still doesnt work. Any suggestions..please.

Edited by Sujith S Menon, 25 March 2012 - 10:31 AM.