Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet not working tcp/ip errors & other device manager errors

• Please log in to reply

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Okay I reinstalled the driver and chipset nothing different. I don't think anything is wrong with the installation of The Intel Driver that Applies to ®Pro/100 VE Network Connection or chispet. What other areas can we trouble shoot on the network card if thet are download correctly?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On the rear of the case, where please does the ethernet cable connect to the router.
Is it on what is known as the I/O plate that is the Input Output, near to the usb ports and the monitor OR does it connect further down away from those.

Also if you look in Device Manager at the other device open the ethernet controller what please does it say

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Also would you please check that you did do this. So you have the file on the desktop copied there from the flash pen on which you have downloaded it from dell
You then as explained here have to extract that file as it is a zip file. Then following the advice below did you get the on screen instructions at 8.

1.Double-click the new icon on the desktop labeled R78727.EXE.
2.The Self-Extracting window appears and prompts you to extract or
unzip to C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r78727. Write down this path so the executable (I.e.
Setup.exe) file can be found later.
3.The Self-Extractor window appears.
4.Click OK.
5.After completing the file extraction, if the Self-Extractor
window is still open, close it.
6.Click the Start button and then click Run.
7.Type C:\DELL\DRIVERS\r78727 in the Open textbox and then click OK.
8.Follow the on-screen installation instructions.

After doing that you restart the computer
YOUR network adaptor if it is the original one on the integrated LAN on the motherboard and not an added card should then not be in other devices it should have been noved to Network adaptors.

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
The ethernet cable goes from the modem to internet on router at the top of the router.

LAN 1 goes from the router to the computer

LAN 3 and 4 goes to this computer

The router runs from top to bottom
USB
Restore Factory Settings
Wifi On/OFF
Internet
LAN1
LAN2
LAN3
LAN4
Power On/OFF

Ethernet Controller
Other Devices
Manufacturer Unknown
Location PCI bus 4 device 7 function 0
The driver for this device is not installed Code 28

You try to reinstall from the wizard and windows can't find the hardware. You try to roll back and it has no backup.

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
When I go from 7-8 it doesn't go a installation instructions. It goes to the folder with the setup intel the unatend, dos, winxp folders. Which I have run the setup intel.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
gho - with respect you are not answering the question I have asked.

I quite understand how difficult this is for you.

WHERE is the ethernet cable connected ON YOUR computer

Posted Image
in amongst those connections shown on what I have told you is the I/O plate OR further down where on the image above you can see the basic illustration of where the added cards would be

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
Yes i'm very confused sorry. :upset:

The ethernet cable doesn't go to the computer. It only goes from modem and router. Then the 1 cord goes from the internet setting on my router to the computer with my bridge running my ps3 wireless or w/e.

Would you like a picture of the inside of the computer? The only thing that runs to the computer from either device goes into this little box called LS1002 0451 Falco.

I'm still probably not helping you much. :upset:

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
So FROM where ON the computer does the CABLE go to the Falco device.

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
This is a picture of the back of the computer. The internet cord goes in spot above the pink, green and gray boxes all the way to the right. No cord leaves the Falco box inside the computer. Just a little self contained box.

Posted Image

Edited by gho, 22 March 2012 - 07:07 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well done.
That was good sending those.

This confirms that it is using the onboard network chip.

Try this, go the other device and follow this procedure - manually installing the driver
To do so you will have to open that driver download you have to find the right file to point the installation to.
http://pcsupport.abo...atedriverxp.htm

Here is the procedure but you can use the link as a guide if you wish
  • To the "Can Windows connect to Windows Update to search for software?" question, choose the No, not this time radio button and then click the Next > button.
  • To the "What do you want the wizard to do?" question, choose the Install from a list or specific location (Advanced) radio button and then click the Next > button.

The next window that appears will be the Please choose your search and installation options. window containing several radio buttons and checkboxes.
  • Choose the Don't search. I will choose the driver to install. radio button and then click the Next > button.
  • Click the Have Disk... button on the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. window.
  • Click the Browse... button on the Install From Disk dialog box that appeared.

In the Locate File dialog box that appears next, navigate to the folder that you extracted as part of the driver download.
  • Click the INF file that displays in the file list and click the Open button.

Note: Device Manager only reads INF files so you won't be able so select anything else. If you run in to trouble here, see the Tips at the bottom of this page.
  • Click the OK button back on the Install From Disk dialog box.
  • Choose the newly added hardware back on the Select the device driver you want to install for this hardware. window and then click the Next > button.

If you're warned about the software for the hardware device not passing the Windows Logo testing, click the Continue Anyway button. Many drivers are not Windows certified but are still safe to install.
  • The Hardware Update Wizard will now use the instructions provided in the INF file from Step 11 to install the updated drivers for your hardware. Follow any additional instructions on screen to complete the driver update.
10. After the driver update is complete, restart the computer and now check again please if you have the network adaptor in the correct place

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
I have posted separately so you do not miss it

No cord leaves the Falco box inside the computer. Just a little self contained box.

Please confirm WHERE the Falco LAN device IS

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
This is what the motherboard looks like. The Falco is up against the back of the computer. Note the Falco is the 2nd one on the far right.

Posted Image

Which driver do you want me to try to manually install the Intel ® Pro/100 VE Network Manager or the chipset driver?

Edited by gho, 22 March 2012 - 07:37 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
the network driver please

gho

gho

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts
A new network adapter has shown up. BCM5701 Gigabit Ethernet? But it has one of those yellow marks on it.

Edited by gho, 22 March 2012 - 07:57 PM.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
What please is the error code and I cannot understand where that came from, as BCM is Broadcom and you had the Intel download from Dell