Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virus in MMORPG

• Please log in to reply

Magpie6

Magpie6

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi folks

first time in one of these forums & a bit dense when it comes to threats etc so please be gentle. Ok, thing is, i have what i have been advised is a keylogger emcor.dll what this is doing is it is intercepting my authentication it proceeds to post this information off to a rogue server so that the attacker can use this information in near real-time to access your game account. In the meantime, it sends an incorrect code to the battle.net authentication server

now i have looked thru my files, & I cant find that specific one , I have also ran a scan & nothing was found, can anyone with experience of this particular thing give me any advice please.

Kind regards
Magpie

Advertisements