Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

RECYCLE BIN "ACTING UP"...

• Please log in to reply

bigheart_19

bigheart_19

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I'm working with a TOSHIBA Satellite A215 - S4747 lap top. My OS is VISTA Home premium (32 bit). Processor:AMD Turion 64X2 Mobile Technology TL - 56, 1.80 GHz. I've upgraded to 4 GB of Ram (was originally 1.5 GB)

I'd deleted my Recycle bin a few times b/4, inadvertently, but managed to restore it where it functioned just as it was originally. I.e. when trash was placed in it you'd see the stuff and when it was emptied it would appear empty. Now, a couple months ago I'd mistakenly deleted the [bleep] thing again! I'd managed to restore it again but this time without right clicking on the desktop and hitting "refresh" in the pop-up box I'm unable to tell whether it's full or empty. I've tried all the tricks that I've learned to restore this icon and have it functioning as it should but to no avail. I even did a "system restore" and I'm still at square one.

I'd appreciate very much if someone could offer some advice on this minor but annoying matter. I know someone is going to make me feel stupid but it's all good...as long as the advice helps I'll be grateful. THANKS A HEAP.

Bigheart19

Advertisements

bigheart_19

bigheart_19

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Not to worry guys... I think I've singlehandedly managed to solve the above problem. Thank for the intended assistance anyway. :thumbsup:

...Regards

bigheart_19