Here is my issue:
LAN card was working fine lights blinking and Internet working fine. Unplugged the cable took the laptop to the kitchen and came back to my room but when plugged back the Ethernet cable no lights for Ethernet connection (nor send or receive).
So I took my brotherís laptop and plugged the Ethernet cable in the laptop and I got a light on his Ethernet port and connected to the Internet, so I ruled out the Ethernet wall jack or Ethernet cable being a problem. So I did the following on my laptop:
1. Pinged 127.0.0.1 and got a response.
2. Deleted the controller and re-booted, still the same. / Deleted the controller and rebooted, accessed BIOS and loaded default settings
3. Did an ipconfig /flushdns, ipconfig /release, ipconfig /renew and ipconfig /all and get a "media disconnected" message
4. The controller shows up in the device manager as working properly
5. Tried pinging microsoft and yahoo, can't resolve a DNS
6. Tried a system restore to a previous date, still no response.
I'm still getting a "network cable disconnected" error every time. Is it possible that the controller is partially functioning?
The rest of the computerís ports and networking features (wireless and Bluetooth) are working fine.