Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Automated web browsing!

• Please log in to reply

Kelvin Mead

Kelvin Mead

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I'll explain what I want and see if the geeks here can help!

I wish to extract a tonne of data from a website, but I can only see the data when I'm logged in and are editing the data.

The data is organised in the format

Http://www.theweb.com/data&cid=1

This would bring up the editable data page, I would then screen print the info, save as file 1, go to next page CID=2 then screen print and save as page 2

From this I could run the pages through OCR

I'm using chrome, and I see nothing obvious in the extensions... I wonder if anyone out there can help with this automation?

In a perfect world, I'd select the components / table I want to save and set a start and end position and it would run on its merry way, outputting in csv...
But as the data is only visible when editable, the table look ups don't seem to work.

Advertisements