Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Printer error - Dell AIO A940

• Please log in to reply

jp17315

jp17315

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi,

My Dad has a computer running Windows Xp and he has a Dell AIO A940 printer attached to it. He gets this error message when he opens a file in the MY Documents folder and then when he tries to print this document. He has Open office as his word processor.

Error Message:
Can not load library "DLBAPRP.DLL" using defaults.error:126

He says it displays and when he clicks OK it displays again and this happens about 5 times before it goes away completely. I did a search and found this resolution which I walked him through it over the phone to no avail.

Resolution:
Copy all the printer driver files from the C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\W32x86\3 folder into the main Windows/System32 folder

I had him reboot the computer afterward.
I was looking around the dell website for any additional info but could not find any.

Any and all help is much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Advertisements

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
http://user.services...php?f=9&t=38430

Seems to be the fix for everyone. Try microsoft method 1 in the link provided in the link I gave you. Is it possible that your Dad didn't follow the directions correctly? Other than the information in the links, I have no idea what other way to solve this.

I would suggest he try again.

Hope that helps :thumbsup:

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Other than the information in the links, I have no idea what other way to solve this.

Except maybe to shutdown and disconnect the printer/AiO device, uninstall the drivers and related software, reboot, then start over with "add new printer" procedures.

jp17315

jp17315

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Sorry its been so long...had family emergency!! I was down at my Dads and he has Open office 3.3 installed. Some of his files would open ok and then there were some that would have this error message pop up and you click on ok about 5 times and the document would open. I uninstalled open office 3.3 and installed the previous version 3.2. No error messages at all. I wrote down a few of the documents that was giving the error message and no error message upon opening the documents. Not sure whats going on but told Dad not to update open office and if he did by mistake I can fix it. Oh by the wat I did uninstall the printer and reinstalled to no avail.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could have been a faulty update that caused the issue.
I'm having no problems with 3.3 at all.