Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error 0x8007045D what is it? what causes it? And how to fix? Help me p

• Please log in to reply

JulienBe

JulienBe

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Okay, I have another problem with my netbook acer aspire one 532h. When I try to install 'Windows 7 Lite', when I try to choose the partition, have a message that say 'Windows can't be installed in this disk, this computer's hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure that the disk's controller is enabled in the computer's BIOS menu.' So when I choose the drive options for the partition the only option that I can choose is 'New' and when I apply can not create the new partition, this error appears 'Failed to create a new partition on the selected unused space Error 0x8007045D' so how can I fix? Must see that the windows be 'lite' the iso size is 512 mb. Help me please and thanks guys!

NOTE: I try install Windows 7, because can't access to OS for a problem with Windows 8.

Edited by JulienBe, 23 March 2012 - 01:47 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
what OS did the computer have before you tried Win 8

JulienBe

JulienBe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Windows XP SP3 Home. Can I format and create a partitoin with Hiren's Boot? Or exist a solution for this problem?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
the only fix after installing W 8 is a complete reinstall of the old OS...
does you computer have a recovery partition or do you have a xp install cd

JulienBe

JulienBe

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I don't have the cd, and I deleted the recovery accidentally. When I try to install Windows 7 recognize the hard disk, but I can not install for that error messagem and can't create a new partition too. Maybe if I use Hiren's Boot CD can create partition and format the hard disk? No matter if I lose the files, I just want to install again a OS

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
your best bet is to go to your computer manufactures website and order a recovery cd for your computer...about 25 bucks...you just boot from the cd and it will install the OS and the drivers for your computer...