Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Unable to open any web pages...

• Please log in to reply

grumpys_angel

grumpys_angel

• Pip
  • 2 posts
although my laptop says I'm connected to the internet.

I had used a data transfer cable to transfer date from PC (vista) to LT (windows 7) and my LT froze up. Had to do hard shut down. Then LT would not start up. I had to use the Recovery Manager. Used the back up feature first. Now the LT is working but not completely back to factory settings. That seems strange to me. I don't understand why I can't get any webpages (IE8) even though it says I'm connected to the internet. And why did one of my old programs stay in the LT even though it's supposed to be back to factory settings?

If someone can explain these 2 issues to me I'd be very happy. I can usually get myself out of this kind of stuff but this one is baffling. I hope I've explained this clearly.

Thanks tons, Betsy

Advertisements

grumpys_angel

grumpys_angel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I understand this group is run by volunteers and that y'all are very busy with real life issues. I guess I'll just have to take my LT to a local tech and see if they can help me. Thanks for your time anyway.