Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hook up two printers on two home computers possible?

• Please log in to reply

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yes, that is the problem. Thank you for explaining it they way I wanted to.

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Sharon let me ask does the back computer (Kids) need to be accessed from your system at all?

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
I guess that's where I am getting confused - not sure which printer needs be accessed by which computer.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yes, I have a router that allows the kids to get online on the back computer. Both computers have roadrunner as their Homepage. Is this what you are asking?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I am so sorry. I imagine you are dizzy from all this. The (kids) computer will not hook up and print. The wireless one works perfect and will print on the main computer. I am going to stop there before I make things worse. The deskjet series 3500 is the printer that will not print.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
The question is Sharon does the deskjet only have to be able to print for the kids computer?

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
Yes. I want to be able to use my printer at the same time the (kids) printer is in use. Now, is this possible?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I think Digerati the issue is the kids printer is showing up as a network printer also. I wonder if uninstalling it and the reinstalling as a local printer on the kids computer will work.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I do realize you did not write this for me but I do so thank you for your help once again. Everything works great since I took the computer back to the store. This is not an emergency, just something that would have helped out a great deal. With both kids in Junior High they have many papers to write. I am sorry to be a bother and I say that often to you but I am. After I try all I know to try, I come here. Thank you as always for your patience and your help.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I am sorry to be a bother and I say that often to you but I am. After I try all I know to try, I come here. Thank you as always for your patience and your help.

Not a problem Sharon and we are glad to help. Digerati may seem a little rough with what he types but he is a excellent Tech. I have only been suggesting as he is the lead on this topic. Don't take what he says as being personal but only that he is trying to get all the info before making any suggestion. :thumbsup:

Advertisements

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
I am not upset at him or anyone but myself. Seems that I should be able to explain what is going on without all the problems. I am a writer. This machine sure shows me how little I know about it. Maybe this is good for I have learned a lot more than I ever knew before. Thanks to you and others, I can get rid of programs that seem to attach themselves to programs I use. I shake my head and think how difficult can this be? Then I shake it again and think, it is hard. I hate having to come here so often and bother you all. I am thankful that I found you but I also think that I may be making a pest of myself. I do thank you for explaining this to me. As I said, I am only upset with myself. I go back and read what I wrote and think no wonder he can't understand what I am trying to say. :) Thank you for all your time.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Just a suggestion Sharon but uninstall all the printers on the kids computer. Then reinstall the desktjet to their system and set it up as a local printer and not on the network.

Sharon Lee

Sharon Lee

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts
It Worked! I am so happy that this worked. Now, the kids can go to their room, write their papers and print them out. Thank you so much! I had to even take off the wireless computer before it worked but after I removed it everything went right...Although this may be a simple idea to do this, I would never have thought of it. So once again the problem is solved. I am so grateful to both you and to Digerati for being there and making yourselves available to work with me on this. Once again, thank you so much for all your help.. Oh yes, I did make sure the wireless would still print on my computer and it does.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Congratulations. :rockon: for a successful resolution for your issue.

I'm glad we could help you out again with positive results and please let us know how everything works out for you.
If there is anything else we can do to help please feel free to ask. I appreciate that you allowed us to assist you with your issue and for your patience.
Thank you for choosing GeeksToGo for help. :thumbsup: :ph34r:
This issue now appears to be resolved.

If other members are reading this and have a similar problem please begin a New Topic and someone will assist you as soon as possible