Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

AOL 9.7 Website Access Problems?

• Please log in to reply

Astro1963

Astro1963

• Pip
  • 1 posts
[b]Hi, I have Windows XP Home with service pack 3 and all the upto date flash & direct x etc. Now the problem?
I just had to reformat the full computer due to virus damage, I have the new AVG 2012 installed and it works ok, But the main thing is! I installed AOL 9.7 desktop internet to replace my AOL 9.6 one.
And now I can't access just over quarter of my favorites listed websites, even though I could back on the 9.6 version before the reformat of the computer?

I gone into all the settings for aol 9.7 and IE8 and set them all the same as the ones I had on the 9.6 since they are not much different, But I still can't access allot of websites now?

I even used the IE8 settings on the security and privite screens to tell the system to allow these sites it was not openning But I just get a "can't find address" error each time? the AOL 9.7 is going through a DSL Broadband line.
What can I do?

Below is a text version of the error I got trying just to get onto "ebay.co.uk" which was working on 9.6 before the computer reformat But now not on the fresh installed windows XP Home with AOL 9.7 installed?

TAOL Search
Skip over navigation

The web address you entered could not be found
[more information]
You were trying to go to http://signin.ebay.c...d=p5197.c0.m528

Close
The error could be the result of a variety of things, from typing errors in the web address to DNS issues with the requested web address. Check the web address for typing errors or check your Internet connection to ensure other web addresses are accessible.
Did you mean: uk &_trksid=p5197
Try a search:
b]

Edited by Astro1963, 24 March 2012 - 08:51 AM.

Advertisements