Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Keyboard disabled & other strange things

• Please log in to reply

michelle9491

michelle9491

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hope I am in the correct forum for this. Laptop is a Dell Inspiron E1505 that I rebuilt. It has always worked even better than my husband's new laptop. I am pretty sure this is a virus/trojan, not a hardware issue, but could be wrong why I am on here. I was typing the other night & it all of a sudden started typing letters I was not typing & the lights on front of laptop started flashing. I stopped immediately booted into safe mode & ran superantispyware & went to bed. Next morning, it said nothing found. so then I ran malwarebytes, nothing found & avast scan, nothing found. Then the keyboard quit working all together, but touchpad still works. I hooked up a usb keyboard & it works fine. When I restart computer it gets stuck on the windows 7 boot menu & will go no further until I hit enter, never had to do that before. Also a few times firefox would only run in it's safe mode, now it's like normal but takes forever to open the first window. Went back into safe mode, ran microsoft security scan. Found 1 item, deleted that. Still doing the same thing. Did a system restore to another date, no luck. Just ran tdsskiller, nothing found.
I dont think it's the keyboard, because I installed a new one about 6 months ago & too many other strange things happening all at once. Someone please help! I am about to pull my hair out with this one!

Advertisements