Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

dvd rw drive

• Please log in to reply

karolmommy

karolmommy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
my disk burner worked fine yesterday. i tryed to burn pictures to a disk today & it lets me name the disk ect. then even pick the items to put on but when i click the burn button after I name the disk it goes to verify & acts like is going to burn then pops disk out saying the disk may no longer be used or there was an error . I have done nothing new to my laptop.it shows the free space on the disk & that they are blank, the only part not working is the burner ,its like someone flipped a switch & turned the burner option off. if I try to burn a music cd the burn button will not even light up. I have tried around 15 disk of one pack though maybe it was a bad thing of disk so I tryed some my sister had with the same reslults so its not the disk. I have also tryed back dating it & still not working
anyone that can help please do.

Edited by Macboatmaster, 24 March 2012 - 01:09 PM.

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Welcome to GeekstoGo

Are you using the same type of discs as you have used before - DVD+R etc.
Are they DVD discs or CD discs
Are they RW in otherwords can be used again
or are they Once only

What is the make and FULL model of the computer if it is branded eg Dell Insprion 1525

What burning software are you using.

then pops disk out saying the disk may no longer be used or there was an error

What please Is the ACTUAL message

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
karolmommy

You joined GeekstoGo on 24 March and asked for help.
A reply was made to you within 2 hours.
You never responded.
Please do tell us how you went on with the problem