Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Fujitsu esprimo P1500 power supply conversion

• Please log in to reply

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hello. First post here so I hope I have posted in the correct topic.

I have a fujitsu esprimo p1500 m14w-d2950. This desktop came from Europe and has a 220 volt power supply #S26113-E546-V50-01. I am looking to convert the power supply so that it will work on 110 volt in America. I have contacted tiger direct, newegg, etc and have had no luck in finding a power supply. Any suggestions for this conversion would be appreciated.

Advertisements

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Hi dontcareo, Posted Image

Here is a link to your computer specs, https://docs.google....p1500.pdf&pli=1

This is the only ref I can find for a PSU, http://www.fujitsusp...php?id=34025081

Is there a power cable from the PSU to the graphics card?

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the reply. I don't think power goes to the graphic card. There are 48 wires total. They are as follows: 24 pin goes to the mother board (w,w,o,r,b,r,r,p,r,r,o,b,b,b,b,g,o,b,b,o,bl,g,b,br). 4 pin goes to the mother board (y,y,b,b). 5 pin to dvd (w,b,b,r,o). 5 pin to the internal hard drive (o,b,b,w,r). Then there are two plugs to that go to nothing, one is a 6 pin (w,w,w,b,b,b) and a 4 pin (r,w,b,b). Also, off of the internal hard drive there is a 5 pin (o,b,b,w,r) that goes to nothing. I have attached some pictures.

Esprimo.jpg Esprimo 1 (1).jpg Esprimo 1 (5).jpg

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Well, That looks like a wiring job from from 1980.

The plugs look standard and we have the dimension of the PSU, so providing we get one to match the switch/socket placement, should not be a problem.
I am looking at this one, but going to get our expert to give it a once over. Do not buy yet.
http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817139026

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP
First, are you sure your current PSU does not have a 240/120 switch on the back? I don't see one in the specs but published specs are not always the same as the final product, and many of these PSUs are designed for world-wide use.

When looking here, I see nothing about standard "ATX" and that's too bad. However, I also don't see anything about a slim or micro case (microATX motherboard, but not case), low profile or half-height cards, or micro or low profile power supplies. Therefore, I am going to assume (risky, I know) that this computer case does indeed support the ATX Form Factor standards and therefore, any ATX PSU will physically fit. The Corsair suggested above looks to be a good power fit too with 80 Plus certification and 430W from a good maker.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The current PSU states that the AC input is 200v-240v. Another computer that I have says 100-127volts and 200-240 volts and it has a switch. So yes, I am sure the current PSU does not have this switch. The spec sheet that you mentioned only lists 200-240 volts as well.

Are you saying that the Corsair mentioned will match the current tower? Thanks.

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16817139026

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

Are you saying that the Corsair mentioned will match the current tower? Thanks.

I am saying I am about 99% sure it will. If the specs mentioned ATX PSU, I would be 100%. But from everything else I see, I think that Corsair will meet your needs just fine.

Of course, that PSU is only for your computer. You still need to worry about your monitor, printer, speakers, network equipment, and anything else that gets power from the wall.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
The wall? Are you speaking of the receptacle and plugging in the monitor, printer, etc? All of those items were purchased in the US and are 110 volts. The only item that is 200/240 volt is the tower.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Also, can you tell me what the extra plugs on this PSU are for? You can see the two on the right side of the first picture I posted. Thanks.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,997 posts
  • MVP

The wall? Are you speaking of the receptacle and plugging in the monitor, printer, etc?

Yes.

I am not sure which wires you are talking about but understand most PSUs have several more cables than you need because PSUs must support 1000s of graphics cards and motherboards, extra drives (SATA, PATA and even floppy), extra fans, and more. I would not worry about it - for now. Not until you get your new PSU in.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for the help. After doing some searching I found a coupon code for newegg that takes 8 more dollars off the order. So with the 5 dollar instant rebate, the 20 dollar mail in rebate and the coupon code this PSU ended up costing 16.99 with free shipping. Here is the code if anyone else needs one of these EMCNGHG72

iammykyl

iammykyl

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 6,758 posts
Digerati. Thank you very much for your speedy reply and help.

dontcareon. Remember to unplug and take anti static measures before touching parts inside the computer. Look carefully and note the thin wires that run from fans to little sockets on the Mobo. These should not be removed.

When you come to the installation. The PSU is in the top and must be well supported when you undo the retaining screws, they can be surprisingly heavy. Try to leave the wires connected, you may have to place it on a few books to keep it up high enoughif the wires are short. Install the new PSU. remove one old plug and wires at a time and plug back in the matching one from the new PSU. I would work from the top down.

Check to make sure that those thin wires from fans are still connected to the little sockets on the Mobo.

Leave the case open for the first time you power up so you can see that things are working OK.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
lammykyl and digerati - thanks for the help. I will let you know how ti goes when the new psu comes in.

dontcareo

dontcareo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
PSU worked great. Thanks for your help.