Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

need help any is greatly appreciated

• Please log in to reply

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
musicluva

It is 17 days since you last posted.

We were wondering if you made any progress.
Would you kindly update the thread.
Thank you

Advertisements

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
i still havent fixed it but im gona try to explain again it is a hp g60 laptop an i have it connected to one or the older fat dell desktop monitors maybe like 2009 or so model and my laptop screen is basically cracked so bad that the only thing i can see on it is maybe a half inch of the upper right hand corner and when i turn the laptop on the external monitor wont project the laptop because it says that same error message that windows could not complete instillation re install windows or something

and i tried to go into system recovery and use the little inch of screen to drag around an try to run system recovery but i have no restore points it said and you know how like when you press f10 or whatever to get into the blue screens like the bios or whatever its called how would i fix it like that if the external monitor doesnt display anything untill after i reach my desktop icons page but i cant get there becuse of the error message

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
and yes it is vga im pretty sure its the cord that the monitor comes with with blue holes in it

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well I regret to tell you that with the cracked laptop screen and the inability to configure the external monitor, we are not going to make progress

I am sorry but I do not believe I can assist any further.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
I concur with colleague Macboatmaster :yes:
If the notebook is worth retaining then it makes sense to replace the screen so it can be used as it should.

musicluva

musicluva

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Thank you for your help guys yea i agree i need to just buy another screen thank you again

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Thanks for replying and good luck with it

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
Ditto to what colleague Macboatmaster has said and if you need any help replacing the screen please let us know, I seem to have replaced an awful lot of notebook screens lately for some reason!

Not sure where in the world you are so I cannot suggest the best place to obtain a replacement screen at present however here is a comprehensive guide as to how to replace the screen http://www.insidemyl...0-g70-notebook/