Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect Malware

• Please log in to reply

sharingan

sharingan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi

My laptop seems to be infected with malware, that results in search results created by google and bing being redirected to other websites. My operating system is Windows 7 and I do have McAfee Anti Virus, although I have noticed that this malware may have infected the anti virus tool, as I am no longer able to run a scan. It seems to have disabled my on demand scan as I get the following error message whenever I try to run it "scncfg32.exe - Ordinal Not Found The ordinal 1112 could not be located in the dynamic link library WSOCK32.dll"

This problem is present in both Mozilla Firefox (10.0.2) and Internet Explorer 9. I followed removal instructions for this in a thread posted on this website by Rorschach112 (02 February 2010 - 04:57 PM), however the problem was not resolved. When following the initial set of instructions, The TDSKiller executable found no threats.

I downloaded the OTL application from another thread on this web site and have included the contents of its scan below. I would greatly appreciate any further assistance in helping resolve this issue.

Thanks

Edited by sharingan, 28 March 2012 - 11:55 PM.

Advertisements

sharingan

sharingan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Hitman Pro seems to have resolved the issue :-)