Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just One Little File...

• Please log in to reply

sixpack6t9

sixpack6t9

• PipPip
  • 38 posts
My Office 2002 has one corrupt file, but apparently it's a necessary one, because of it, my Excel app won't install. Is there a site where i could get that one file, so I can copy my disk and replace that file? I can't see forking over more cash to old Bill again, not over approx. 34kb! Any suggestions? I thought of picking that file off of another CD, would that work? Probably would have to be from another build of Office 2002, huh?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Clean the Office CD then load it to the drive you used to install Office and choose custom install, remove ticks from programmes with the exception of Excel, choose to run all from computer, start to install.

If it stops at file needed, usually cab, click retry then ignore, if it still does not install, cancel the install, use another CD ROM drive, if you have to cancel the installation, re-run it straightaway, you may need to do this a few times, if you still get the error, call Microsoft and ask them to replace the software.

Edited by Keith, 03 June 2005 - 09:28 AM.

sixpack6t9

sixpack6t9

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts
Hey, Thanks Keith! I've tried all the rest of that (repeatedly), but I hadn't even thought about jacking microsoft for a replacement! Oh boy, excel here I come--I've been lost using Works! and I hated Open Office for db apps.
Thanks again dude!

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
I cleaned an Office 2000 disc and snapped it in two, called Microsoft, gave them the CD Product Key, they had finished with Office 2000 so they sent Office XP Pro.

They will have Office 2002 so should send it