Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Everything on my monitor was oversized, tried ajusting the resolution

• Please log in to reply

LiliaJ

LiliaJ

• Pip
  • 7 posts
I reformatted one of my computers a couple of weeks ago with XP, and dispite early problems with I finally got it running well. I was fine tuning a few lingering problems this morning, one of them being how the screen fit my monitor. I'm using a 32" flat screen tv for a monitor, the computer was hooked up to the tv breifly before I reformated it, and the screen fit perfectly (it was the main reason I dicided to get that computer up-and-running again. After I reformated everything was oversized the taskbar was giant, I had to remove items from my start menu (there weren't many to start with) just so I could get "Run" to show up in it, many opened windows were extended off the screen, and web pages were the worst. They were contained on my screen, but the slide bar at the bottom was at half, so trying to read anything online I had to swing the bar back and forth for each line of text.

I went into desktop properties and tried to ajust the resolution (it was all the way to the left). After swinging the resolution to the right I'm now looking at a black screen with a horizontal green line through the middle, and smaller green line flashing in the upper left corner. I've turned the computer off and rebooted, but that didn't do anything. Any help would be great, thank you.

-My computer is Dell about 7 years old
-Windows XP Pro 2002, SP3
-Intel, Pentium 4 CPU 2.40GHz, 512MB

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
LiliaJ

Since you joined GeekstoGo on 18 March, you have started two other topics. They are listed below. Advice was offered but you never replied.

May I ask if you would kindly reply to the advice offered on those, indicating if those problems were solved, before we progress to deal with the issue posted here.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

LiliaJ

LiliaJ

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Okay, I was able to figure this one out. I was able to navigate blind through the desktop properties with my keyboard while using my laptop as a road map, and got the picture back. As for the over sized problem, ajusting the resolution by one mark work much better then cranking all the way over. Lost half a day for that stupid mistake, but live and learn.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Thank you for updating the other topics and I am pleased you sorted this problem.

So may I presume you still need help with the topic