Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer Freezes and Crashes when gaming

• Please log in to reply

chipdaripper

chipdaripper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So, I have a cheap computer...its 2g e machines laptop. I've ran WOW and LOL with it at times very well. My budget is small and i would like to keep this computer working for gaming for awhile longer as it has proven it can do it. Recently its gotten so bad that I have decided that i need to do a factory restore. I dont see an option for that in f12 f1 or f8. Does anyone know how I can do this? Or if I seriously need to buy a new comp? I really want to fix it because I have not even had it 2 years and that just bugs me. It usually only crashes when i want to game, but it has crashed randomly doing anything a few times. Also it seems to be fine still now gaming if i play in a really cold room if that matters to help diagnose the problem, not sure. The crash screen tells me to make sure BIOS shadowing and cache are turned off and gives me a few things to try and do like that but I'm not sure what this all means. I might have viruses or spyware. Thats why I figured a factory restore would be the first step to see if its that or maybe a crack in the motherboard or something. Not sure whats going on but I would greatly appreciate any input. Thank alot. Your freind. Corey :P

Edited by chipdaripper, 26 March 2012 - 05:30 PM.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Sounds like a over heating problem. Buy a can of compressed air and blow out the vents, see if that helps.

Don't use it on your lap or on a blanket, keep it on a firm surface so the air can get into the vents.

If this seems to help you can look into getting a laptop cooling pad