Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Get My Programs Back On My Desktop

• Please log in to reply

mlansky

mlansky

• PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi,

I recently had that virus/hoax on my laptop (I'm not sure of the exact name of the virus/trojan) but I kept getting like 20 of these error messages on my laptop "Windows - Delayed Write Failed: Failed to save all components for the file //system32//00001844. The file is corrupted or unreadable. This error may be caused by a PC hardware problem." The virus/trojan says there's something wrong with your computer and wants you to submit your credit card information. So I typed that message in Google and I was able to at least retain all of my important documents on my laptop. I was fortunately able to get all of my important documents back (Thank God) but for some reason I can't see to restore the programs that were on my desktop besides Firefox. I transported all of the important documents over to my external hard drive, but out of curiosity, I'm wondering where my programs went and how can I get them back? Just seeing if anyone can help me out here with this.

Thank you,

mlansky

Advertisements