Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WORD macro virus - help & advice please [Solved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

trampas

trampas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Today on a different PC, connected to the internet via a firewall, I allowed adobe_updater.exe to run. It connected to an IP on one of the Akamei domains 184.84.x.x (is this normal ?).

A bit later I noticed that adobe_updater.exe had been hijacked and was connected to a different IP on the AAPT domain.

Guess what, a port scan (or very similar) was in progress. Literally thousands of connections had been set up between my firewall and PC.

I can see where that was heading but how don't understand how adobe_updater.exe got hijacked.

Edited by trampas, 20 April 2012 - 10:54 PM.

Advertisements

trampas

trampas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
Thinking back over my experiences of the last few weeks, I've had infections or attempted infections on several occasions, all when I was doing an automatic software update. Google on one occasion, then Avira, then Adobe.

When I search for related information on the internet I find EvilGrade :

http://krebsonsecuri...ets-an-upgrade/

This, or something like it, is being used against me.

maliprog, which forum should this be going in ?

maliprog

maliprog

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 6,172 posts
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :)

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.