Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Just bought an SSD

• Please log in to reply

loumac91

loumac91

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey guys,

I just bought an SSD which I want to use as my main hard drive, C drive. Currently I do not have it installed and am still using my old 1tb sata hd which contains all my data, os install etc etc. Now what I want to do is to somehow transfer my OS from the old hard drive to the SSD, what is the best/easiest way to do this? I'm not too bothered about losing most of my programs for now as they can be easily reinstalled by transferring drivers and obviously the main windows folders across would be preferable

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
What size is the SSD?

Post a screen shot of an expanded Disk Management window so we can see how much space you will need. You may be able to simply clone the old HD to the new SSD.