Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with Office 2010 even withe the DVD read on for more

• Please log in to reply

scubatony1

scubatony1

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi There

I have just uninstalled Office 2010, when I thought it was Project Professional 2007.

I have the 2010 DVD but it will not re-install,either via start-run or add remove etc.

In my desperation I have tried "system restore" .

In case somebody asks does my drive work etc

Yes I can explore a dvd in the drive. ( D: )

I inserted a Nokia software disc, something that I new I could safely delete if it did decide to go on auto-run or extract itself etc etc.

First before inserting the disc I opened Windows Explorer, then clicked on C:, this showed my various drives below C: etc.

When I was happy I then inserted the disc, I heard it run up and at the same time I noticed the tree expand to now include the title of the disc.

One click on D: not only gave me the contents of the disc in the right hand pane but gave me the contents in the tree below D:

Can somebody please provide me with a link that will help me restore Office 2010 or give a fix that will allow me to run my DVD.

Yes I know what you are ALL saying what a "silly billy" or words to that effect, but I am sat here tearing my hair out, what little there is ! ! ! ! !

Yours frustrated

Tony
:help:

P.S I am not a new member, just some mix up in my email address

Edited by scubatony1, 27 March 2012 - 04:40 AM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hello scubatony1...

When you explore the disk in drive D:, find the file named "Setup", right click on it and choose "Open".

Does this start the installer?

wannabe1

scubatony1

scubatony1

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Hello scubatony1...

When you explore the disk in drive D:, find the file named "Setup", right click on it and choose "Open".

Does this start the installer?

wannabe1

Yes I can explore a dvd in the drive. ( D: )

I inserted a Nokia software disc, something that I knew I could safely delete if it did decide to go on auto-run or extract itself etc etc.

First before inserting the disc I opened Windows Explorer, then clicked on C:, this showed my various drives below C: etc.

When I was happy I then inserted the disc, I heard it run up and at the same time I noticed the tree expand to now include the title of the disc.

One click on D: not only gave me the contents of the disc in the right hand pane but gave me the contents in the tree below D:

I did the same with the XP disc and got the same rsult as above.

Then this happens;

I have just inserted the Office DVD in the drive and it has spun up and I can see it in the route directory.

Now here is a weird thing.

The contents are as follows;

x64 folder

x86 folder

autorun.inf

setup.exe [ greyed out ]

While I have been typing this it has not allowed me to either click or double click on any of these items, and the drive is still spinning.

Then I when I close I find

Just gone to click the cross to close Windows Explorer and I now have a message;

End Program - OFFICE14 ( D: ) This is the blue header band at the top

This program is not reponding. That is the first line of the message

I am now going to click END NOW on this message;

All the icons have gone from my desktop.

It is still spining

I am now going to take it out of the drive

If I dont conclude this you will know it has shut down otherwise I will be back.

DVD out and all the icons have returned from their brief holiday
Just gone to click the cross to close Windows Explorer and I now have a message;

End Program - OFFICE14 ( D: ) This is the blue header band at the top

This program is not reponding. That is the first line of the message

I am now going to click END NOW on this message;

All the icons have gone from my desktop.

It is still spining

I am now going to take it out of the drive

If I dont conclude this you will know it has shut down otherwise I will be back.

DVD out and all the icons have returned from their brief holiday

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Are you running on a 64bit system or a 32bit system?

If you're not sure, right click on "Computer" in the start menu and choose "Properties". (My Computer on XP) It should tell you there if you are running 32 or 64 bit.