Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

asacpi.dll error

• Please log in to reply

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• PipPip
  • 51 posts
upon start up i receive the message "can not load asacpi.dll". I am un aware of where this has come as a result of. once i hit ok i get another message that says "vrmhelp" as the title of the message (top right of window) and the message is as follows "Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000."

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I removed your log...
logs are only permitted in the malware forums here
if your having issues AFTER the malware guys give you a clean bill of health then come back here and we will help

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
it was not after any sort of cleaning from here. it just started coming up. and i was unaware that logs are not permitted here.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
VRMHelp.exe is a part of an ASUS utility package called AISuite. It is used to overclock ASUS motherboards.
first try clicking on the start orb...type in msconfig.exe...select it in the results above...click on the start tab...uncheck everything except your AV...reboot
nojoy...

If you aren't using AISuite to overclock your system you can just uninstall it...If you are overclocking, you can try to uninstall it in the add/remove programs in the control panel reboot your machine, and reinstall it...
nojoy...
go into the bios and set everything to default

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Msconfig done, bios set to defaults. I am not doing any sort of over clocking on this computer and i cannot uninstall AISuite. I recieve the message shown in the picture.

Attached Thumbnails

• Untitled.png

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
go to control panel...programs...find AISuite...select it and then click on uninstall
it will launch AISuites uninstaller

Attached Thumbnails

• AISuite.jpg

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
not listed but still in the start menu. just the uninstall part in the start menu noting else.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
are you still getting the startup error

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
yes

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

just the uninstall part in the start menu

do you mean in the startup tab in msconfig...

do you have the cd with AISUITE on it...was it ever installed...
look in the bios and see if aisuite is anywhere in there and if you find it disable it

Derobmai41

Derobmai41

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts
Start -> All programs -> AISUTIE II -> Uninstall
Nothing in msconfig for aisuite

No CD, downloaded straight from Asus (the correct version for the p8z68 MB and for windows 7 64 bit), started giving problems with windows coming up on start up so i uninstalled and then started getting this window coming up. Ran AVG PC tune up to possibly correct anything wrong, fixed all but 2 items as it said it cannot fix because files are in use or something like that.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
well it obviously didn't install or uninstall correctly...
you can try to download it again...and try reinstalling it...
NOTE...I have the same mobo/OS and AIsuite II
if you want to try again go here...its the green download button

or try this...
if you have AI Suite II installed but you don't want it to start with Windows anymore, then follow these instructions:
Open Task Scheduler (in Vista and 7, open the Start Menu, type task scheduler, and then press Enter)
On the far left side, expand Task Scheduler Library
Select "ASUS"
In the middle, you'll see two Tasks named "ASUS AI Suite II Execute", and "ASUS DigiVRM Help"
Right-click them and choose "Disable"
Close Task Manager and reboot

Attached Thumbnails

• asus aisuite.jpg