Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue Screen Error Issue

• Please log in to reply

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I have a dell inspiron 1464 laptop with Windows 7 installed. For the last 2 days, its shutting down automatically due to some blue Screen error. What would be the possible cause for this? How can i resolve this issue?

regards
Nithin

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Windows is set by default to reboot your computer when it hits a critical error. For most users I suppose this is a good thing, as no one likes to see the BSOD (blue screen of death). But in this case, we actually WANT to see the BSOD because it contains some useful information in diagnosing the problem. In order to force your computer to show you the BSOD, you need to tell it to stop auto restarting on critical errors.

Right-click...My Computer... and then click ...Properties...
Click the ..Advanced tab...
Under Startup and Recovery.. click ..Settings... to open the Startup and Recovery dialog box....
Clear the ..Automatically restart.. check box, and click OK the necessary number of times...

Restart your computer for the settings to take effect....
now you should get a bluescreen that will contain a clue as to whats causing your computer to crash

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I'm attaching the error issue, this error is coming every time I start my laptop, but i'm able to work in safe mode. Please any help to resolve this issue.

regards
NithinAttached File  bluescreenerror.txt   481bytes   96 downloads

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
did you do as I asked...if you did you should have got a bluescreen with data on it

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yeah, i got some error but i'm unable to identify whats the problem. So i attached the error screen.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try attaching it again...it was a no-show

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
attached the error code details. its occurring 2-3 times when i start the laptop for first time. then i have to do system restore and the system works properly without any problem.

Attached Files

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Please download VEW the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso from here and save it to your Desktop...
Double-click VEW.exe
Under 'Select log to query...put ticks in both application and system
Under 'Select type to list... select both error and critical
Click the radio button for 'Number of events...Type 5 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log.

Please copy and paste the Output log in your next reply

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hai,
I have tried that, but its giving me a message cannot find C:\VIEW.txt file, do you want to create a new file?

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try this...
download and install WhoCrashed from http://www.softpedia...oCrashed.shtml' class='bbc_url' title='External link' rel='nofollow external'>here..
This program checks for any drivers which may have been causing your computer to crash....

click on it...then run...then next...put a tick in accept...then next..put a tick in the don't create a start menu folder..then next...put a tick in create a desktop icon..then install.. then make sure there is a tick in launch whocrashed...then finish...then click Analyze ...

if you get a message
This software requires the right version of Windows Debugging Tools for your type of computer. Because this is not normally installed and is not redistributable, we suggest you select the download option from below. Then the right package will be downloaded to a temporary folder and the required files will be extracted from the package automatically. You only need to do this once
click on download then try running it again

WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

Advertisements

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I have attached the report which i got after running WhoCrashed. Please find the attachment.

Attached Files

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
WhoCrashed will create report...you have to scroll down to see it
Copy and paste it into your next reply...

Please just paste it directly into your reply...that way I don't have to download it then open it and then later delete it from my computer

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hai,
Below is the error conclusion which i got after running WhoCrashed.

28 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. Only 15 are included in this report. 2 third party drivers have been identified to be causing system crashes on your computer. It is strongly suggested that you check for updates for these drivers on their company websites. Click on the links below to search with Google for updates for these drivers:

atikmpag.sys (AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver, Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.)

unknown_module_fffff880`03b89e40.sys

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
in the future please copy and paste the whole report...it has info that I can use
you need to reinstall the video card driver...

right click on my computer....manage...
on the left side click on device manager...then display adapters...also open anything that has a yellow or red ?!
then get a screenshot for us

Attached Thumbnails

• device manager.jpg

Nithin_tm

Nithin_tm

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hai,
I couldn't see anything yellow or red in my display adapter. I have attached the screenshot.

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot.jpg