Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Error Code 33 SidebySide 0x80000000000000

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Elecjester

Elecjester

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Hello,

I am having some issues with a particular online game. They locked my thread stating that the errors I get while playing their game, and only their game have nothing to do with their game.

So I am stuck trying to figure this out on my own, I am hoping you fine folks can help me out in this regard.

I am attaching a saved copy of my event log that shows the errors I get, which for quick reference are the following:

- System

- Provider

[ Name] SideBySide

- EventID 33

[ Qualifiers] 49409

Level 2

Task 0

Keywords 0x80000000000000

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2012-03-28T04:30:03.000000000Z

EventRecordID 1456

Channel Application

Computer DigitalGoddess

Security

- EventData Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",versio n="8.0.50727.4053"

c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.65.1_2.0.06.66_.patch\SyncVersion.exe

- Every single error has to do with one of those patches, here is a full list:

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.57_3.0.00.57.1_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.57.1_3.0.00.63_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.50_3.0.00.57_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.70_3.0.00.50_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.68_2.0.06.70_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.66_2.0.06.68_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.65.1_2.0.06.66_.patch\SyncVersion.exe".

Each of those will be a SxS Error 33 in my event log

It's the only issue I have currently with my machine, and only while playing this particular game.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers.

Link to download my Event ID Log in evtx format: http://www.filedropp...om/allodsissues
My Dxdiag: http://www.filedropper.com/dxdiag_2

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
name of the game...
a link to it...
what browser are you using...include version number...

Please download VEW the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso from here and save it to your Desktop...
Double-click VEW.exe
Under 'Select log to query...put ticks in both application and system
Under 'Select type to list... select both error and critical
Click the radio button for 'Number of events...Type 5 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
No offense but did you read my post at all?

I don't mean to start off on the wrong foot here, but all of the information you asked for (minus the browser) is right there in my original post.

It will tell you the name of the game is "allods online" - which you can clearly see in the errors, and it's coming from gpotato.com

You can also see that I uploaded a copy of my event viewer log in the proper format for easy viewing (+ a dxdiag file)

The browser is Firefox 11.0, although I have no idea why you need to know my browser, when it has nothing to do with anything. The game isn't browser based at all.

**Edit

As suggested by someone else, I have gone ahead and updated all my:

Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86)
Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64)
Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x86)
Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable (x64)
Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x86)
Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable (x64)

I'll see if that helps.

Edited by Elecjester, 28 March 2012 - 03:06 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

The browser is Firefox 11.0, although I have no idea why you need to know my browser, when it has nothing to do with anything. The game isn't browser based at all.

it could be a flash based game...there are different versions depending on what browser you use...
in the future don't attach logs...copy and paste them...
also don't post any logs unless your asked

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
Got it again, during an alt+tab - screen started to blink until I exited out of the game via task manager.

here is the log

Attached Files

• Attached File  VEW.txt   3.35KB   249 downloads

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
I'm not going to download your attachments...copy and paste the text in your reply...

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
I really don't see what your problem is. It's attached via your own boards system, not a 3rd party host...but whatever mr. cut and paste, here you go:

Vino's Event Viewer v01c run on Windows 2008 in English
Report run at 29/03/2012 7:41:20 PM

Note: All dates below are in the format dd/mm/yyyy

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
'Application' Log - Critical Type
'Application' Log - Error Type
Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 29/03/2012 8:25:51 AM
Type: Error Category: 0
Event: 33 Source: SideBySide
Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.63_3.0.00.68_.patch\SyncVersion.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.57_3.0.00.57.1_.patch\SyncVersion.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.57.1_3.0.00.63_.patch\SyncVersion.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_3.0.00.50_3.0.00.57_.patch\SyncVersion.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Activation context generation failed for "c:\gPotato.com\allods online\Patches\patch_usgala_2.0.06.70_3.0.00.50_.patch\SyncVersion.exe". Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.MFC,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="8.0.50727.4053" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

Log: 'Application' Date/Time: 29/03/2012 6:17:49 AM
Type: Error Category: 100
Event: 1000 Source: Application Error
Faulting application name: AOgame.exe, version: 3.0.0.68, time stamp: 0x4f6b1507 Faulting module name: AOgame.exe, version: 3.0.0.68, time stamp: 0x4f6b1507 Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00033a97 Faulting process id: 0xaf0 Faulting application start time: 0x01cd0d325ad36fa5 Faulting application path: C:\gPotato.com\Allods Online\bin\AOgame.exe Faulting module path: C:\gPotato.com\Allods Online\bin\AOgame.exe Report Id: e806457d-7966-11e1-b8af-20cf30770151

'System' Log - Critical Type
'System' Log - Error Type

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

I really don't see what your problem is. It's attached via your own boards system, not a 3rd party host...but whatever mr. cut and paste, here you go

Excuse me Elecjester but what is the issue here? If the tech had wanted the file attached he would have asked for it that way. The point of copy and paste is so that others in the future may be helped with the same situation you are having now.
I suggest you tone that attitude down as we are all volunteers here and you came here to seek free help and then get a attitude with the steps we ask you to do? Happyrock clearly asked you to copy and paste in his post 4. If you don't like how the techs here ask for information you are free to take your system to a shop and pay the hourly fee to have it worked on.
I further would like to say if you feel I'm being tough on you feel free to message any Global Moderator or Admin and file a complaint with them. Sarcasm is not needed nor appreciated here. Remember this is a family friendly site and members as young as 13 are reading topics. How would it feel if someone spoke to you or your kids in the tone you are representing here and now?

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
What is the issue?

His first reply, he clearly never read my post and simply regurgitated some cut / paste response - That annoyed me a little. I tried to be as helpful and accurate as possible in my original post so that anyone that was kind enough to help would have all the information they could possibly need to help clarify the issue.

Secondly, Perhaps I mis-understood what "attach a log" means, but one would logically surmise that if I am using this BB's own upload button to attach said log that was requested, it wouldn't be an issue, and the fact he got all "I'm not downloading your log" I found offensive.

If you don't want people uploading logs with your own boards system, why allow us to do it? or why not make it perfectly clear in your initial "how do you" post that we are under no circumstances (unless specifically requested) to upload any files and everything must be cut / pasted into the thread subject.

I am only returning as much attitude as I myself have felt, if it's all a big mis-understanding, fine. Conveying emotions via text isn't exactly known to be accurate.

Lastly, I think you (rshaffer) are going a little over the top with your whole "kids as young as 13 read these forums!" approach.

I didn't use anything but a little bit of sarcasm, go stand outside any playground or turn on your tv and wait 15 seconds, I am sure you will hear far worse.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
First of all in post 2 Happyrock instructed the following with emphasis on the bolded wording.

Please download VEW the Event Viewer Tool by Vino Rosso from here and save it to your Desktop...
Double-click VEW.exe
Under 'Select log to query...put ticks in both application and system
Under 'Select type to list... select both error and critical
Click the radio button for 'Number of events...Type 5 in the 1 to 20 box
Then click the Run button.

Notepad will open with the output log.

Please post the Output log in your next reply

It clearly says post and not attach.

Secondly, Perhaps I mis-understood what "attach a log" means, but one would logically surmise that if I am using this BB's own upload button to attach said log that was requested, it wouldn't be an issue, and the fact he got all "I'm not downloading your log" I found offensive.

Seondly as techs we have no ideal if you may be hiding a infection or not and thus we don't ask for attachments normally unless we are sure if the system is healthy.

I am only returning as much attitude as I myself have felt, if it's all a big mis-understanding, fine. Conveying emotions via text isn't exactly known to be accurate.

Thirdly we have no ideal what your level of expertise is and the instructions posted are used for all topics that require such a response. You have misunderstood the instructions but choose to take a attitude with Happyrock and myself instead of asking for clarification of the instructions.

Lastly, I think you (rshaffer) are going a little over the top with your whole "kids as young as 13 read these forums!" approach.

I do not control how others may raise their kids or what their kids see outside in the real world. I can only control my kids and try to keep a sense of respect here at GTG. I have requested a admin to look at this topic and if he so states I will apologize for everything I have posted. If not I suggest you take the same high road and do the same to both Happyrock and myself.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Elecjester,

Please see inline replies.

What is the issue?

His first reply, he clearly never read my post and simply regurgitated some cut / paste response - That annoyed me a little. I tried to be as helpful and accurate as possible in my original post so that anyone that was kind enough to help would have all the information they could possibly need to help clarify the issue.

Your first post contains the text of one event, and files attached through filedropper. Seeing that one of our focuses on this forum is internet security, we will never download user's files hosted on external sites. Because the tech wanted more information about the errors, he asked that you use an approved tool to generate a txt file and post it in your reply. (and if you want to get technical, he asked that you post the log in your next reply - not attach it. And then you didn't include it) You did not mention what game this was - and since there were references to "online" and ".com" in your OP... you can see why the tech asked for more information.

Perhaps you did mis-understand what "attach a log" means, since you were never asked to attach a log. In response to "I'm not downloading your log", he asked you to copy/paste your logs instead of attaching them, and then you attached it.

If you don't want people uploading logs with your own boards system, why allow us to do it? or why not make it perfectly clear in your initial "how do you" post that we are under no circumstances (unless specifically requested) to upload any files and everything must be cut / pasted into the thread subject.

There are times when we ask users to upload files using our upload system, such as when a technician would like to review minidump files generated by a STOP event. But if a technician asks you to copy/paste, you should copy/paste. The fact that you came here for help implies that you are willing to follow instructions provided to you.

That's true - but the fact of the matter is that specific information was asked for in a specific format, and was not provided.

I didn't use anything but a little bit of sarcasm, go stand outside any playground or turn on your tv and wait 15 seconds, I am sure you will hear far worse.

I think we need to take a step back and return to the issue at hand. happyrock has asked that someone else take over this thread, and I will be happy to assist you. Just keep in mind that we are all volunteers here, and the more attitude you show, the less people are going to volunteer to help you.

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
SO with all that said, I'm going to ask, as rshaffer did, that any more questions you have about how this thread was handled be directed to a Global Mod or Admin. I'm going to need some time to research SxS - I hope to have more information to you by the end of the day.

Elecjester

Elecjester

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
You can close the topic.

I'm not going to waste any more time arguing with you. It is very clear neither of us are going to budge and quite honestly I have better things to do with my time than to sit here and argue about something as insipid as whether or not it's a good idea to upload a txt file or not, as I am sure you do as well.

Thank-you very much for the almost assistance and I wish you both a good day.

Cheers.