Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Overclocking

• Please log in to reply

hudihoo

hudihoo

• PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
If my motherboard won't let me overclock can i do it using a program or do i need a compatible motherboard.

Advertisements

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

You will need both a motherboard that will allow overclocking and a CPU that will overclock..

Murray

12matthias335

12matthias335

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Is it a pre-build? If so, yes, there are programs out there that might help you. CPUcool will probably be more helpful, but if you have a Dell, it might not work. Other programs are CPUFSB and SoftFSB. However before you do anything, since I don't know you specs and all, research them and find out which one will work best for your system.

hudihoo

hudihoo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts
i have a compaq presario 2500 notebook
intel celeron 2.8ghz
don't know motherboard
448 ram
64 vid card.