Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Wireless Mouse Won't Scroll in Word (Win 7)

• Please log in to reply

Imaginate2468

Imaginate2468

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have a Compucessory Wireless Mouse (Model: 40914)and I am running Windows 7. I can scroll in browsers and all the programs in Office 2007 except Word. It even scrolls in Windows Explorer. My machine is a Dell Vostro 200. I have downloaded the driver from Compucessory and installed, but this is still happening. Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Advertisements

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi Imaginate2468,

Posted Image

See if anything here helps you.

http://forums.techar...port/673241.htm

Joe

Imaginate2468

Imaginate2468

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi There,

That blog regarding wireless mice was very interesting in that other people were having the same problem. However, the fix that seemed to work, was a little confusing for me. It mentions going to your Wheel tab in Mouse properties and adding an exception. There is even a screen shot of the dialog box. It says to add an exception, but I do not see anywhere in that dialog box to do so.

ONLY in Word 2007, mouse does not work in the body of the letter! Menus, Excel, other applications are ok. This is on a new Vista laptop. USB mouse, or built-in mouse - same problem. I cannot highlight words, or right-click to spellcheck, etc.

Word 2003 on same laptop is ok. It was reinstalled after 2007 failed.

No add-ins added in, this is a new, fresh install. I'll check to see if the [ctrl] key suggestion works, but I won't have the laptop much longer so I may not get to test it. My boss (yeah of course it's his laptop) said he will just have to remove then reinstall Office 2007...

you can do these simple steps

1. Go to CONTROL PANEL -> MOUSE PROPERTIES
2. Then go to the WHEEL TAB - EXCEPTION
3. Then ADD the programs that scroll wheel don't work
in my case= MICROSOFT EXCEL 2007
4. Click APPLY then OK,
Attached Thumbnails

zep516

zep516

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 8,087 posts
Hi Imaginate2468,

That blog regarding wireless mice was very interesting in that other people were having the same problem.

I was hoping something there would help and that's why I gave you the link.

Joe :)

Imaginate2468

Imaginate2468

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Well I do very much appreciate you effort!