Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Administrator Account on Vista Home Premium

• Please log in to reply

diaraf

diaraf

• Pip
  • 7 posts
Hello there,
I am having problem opening my Administrator Account on my Vista Home premium. I can only use my Standard User Account which does not allow me to install new programs or make any changes to my programs. I downloaded the OTL program but when I try running it my PC keeps crashing. That's what my PC has been doing lately. Whenever I tried to install or run a program it ask for permission from the Administrator and when I type in my password and hit OK (I am the administrator) it crashes. Right now my Administrator Account does not open therefore I am using my standard user account. Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Diaraf

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
This problem has also been posted here
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

I have replied and will of course refer diaraf back here if appropriate