Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to upgrade from 1.05 to 1.06?[RESOLVED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Hi ya!

When I went to download the Latest definition file, it stated that there is a new Ad-Aware SE 1.06... And when I clicked on the icon "download now" it took me to this webpage
http://www.lavasoft....s/product/info/

And stated:

Download Information for New Build

Lavasoft Announces the Launch of Ad-Aware SE 1.06 - An Improved Update of the Award-winning Software

Lavasoft is extensively known for delivering the most up-to-date antispyware technology to corporate and home users. In the launch of version 1.06, Lavasoft introduces a new extensive revision to the Threat Assessment Chart (TAC) which has been improved with a more fine grained technical analysis of the target criteria, which aids users to better understand why applications are detected by Ad-Aware.

With the 1.06 update you can be certain to receive the best protection available against disturbing privacy threats with faster scanning and more efficient Code Sequence Identification (CSI) capabilities in both Ad-Aware and Ad-Watch.

For a complete list of updates and changes, click here.

But when I clicked on the "Click Here" it took me to here:
http://www.lavasoft....06changelog.pdf

Its a pdf. file which only tells me more about the new upgrade, and if you go further down, it lets me just download the " Latest definition file" :tazz:

Where in the world do I find the location to upgrade my Ad-Aware SE 1.05 to 1.06???

Thanks a bunch!

;)

Advertisements

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
Here's the link Resident_Blonde..

http://www.download....4-10045910.html

Do remember to uninstall your old build before installing the new one ;)

- Rawe :tazz:

Resident_Blonde

Resident_Blonde

Formerly known as "Crafty_Girl"

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 558 posts
Thanks Rawe! ;)

:tazz:

Rawe

Rawe

Visiting Staff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,746 posts
No problem, great to help! :tazz:

Guest_Andy_veal_*

Guest_Andy_veal_*
Since this issue appears to be resolved ... this Topic has been closed. Glad we could help. :tazz:

If you're the topic starter, and need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member with the address of the thread.

Everyone else please begin a New Topic.