Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows xp keyboard failure plus other problems

• Please log in to reply

Mezz3329

Mezz3329

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, my first time posting ... I have a dell xps 400 running windows xp professional. I had a keyboard failure and did the proper fix (removed jumper, drained power... Etc.) then when I went to boot back up now I get the blue screen saying iastor.sys b9e4525f base at b9e36000 datestamp 42b2df42. I tried to run safe mode and it stops at mup.sys ... Need help because I have pics of my children on it and one has passed so I cannot lose those pictures! Thank you for any ideas.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,780 posts
:welcome: Mezz3329
Is your keyboard now working correctly? If so follow the tutorial to attempt securing the data on the HDD @ http://www.geekstogo...over-your-data/ post back when done or if you have any questions.

NB: Note that there might be some other Puppy distros on the page (such as Slacko Puppy), but you need Lucid Puppy (lupu), the Ubuntu-based one.
Make sure you start downloading a file that starts with "lupu"!

Thanks Macboatmaster for advising on the Puppy details :thumbsup: