Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Combofix doesnt scan

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

technicolorbri

technicolorbri

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I was told to run combofix by a malware removal expert, but it doesnt scan. It gets to the blue windows, creates the restore point, and tells me the usual 10 minute message. I tried downloading it anew and renaming it, and even tried going into safe mode. All i ever get is a window message saying the recycle bin is corrupted, and one saying that implementation of xcacls.3xe has stopped working.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi technicolorbri,

Welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Combofix is a very powerful tool and should not be used without the guidance of an expert who is trained to use it.

Please follow the instructions HERE and post the OTL logs required by clicking on Start New Topic in the Virus, Spyware, Malware Removal and one of our trained experts will be along shortly to guide you further.

Please. Do not install or uninstall any programs at this time. Do not post the logs in this thread. I'll ask someone to close this topic for you.

Thank you.

:)

Edited by DonnaB, 31 March 2012 - 06:34 PM.