Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Vista Svchost.exe Memory Leak exceeding 500k

• Please log in to reply

Itachirumon

Itachirumon

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 77 posts
Alright, that's comforting, I asked mom to ship the CD and it should be here in a few days. Meanwhile I'll keep an eye on things, other than being a little slower than usual (and it's possible I'm just being extra-paranoid) it appears to be running alright. Hopefully whatever caused it is limited to a bugged response to netflix or tinychat (and hence a flash player glitch) or something.

Edit: Mom's having a bit of trouble locating the key so I'm gonna search online for Microsoft's support guys and ask if they can send a replacement disk, mom says she was able to get a 1-time free one from them but it came with a new product key. I cann see if they'll send out a disc w/o the product code but in the event they won't, how badly will it affect my computer to perform the repair with a 2nd key?

Edit 2: During a webroot scan I found a Java Exploit Exp/20120507-A. Got rid of it - could that have been creating some of the issues?

Edit 3: Started running a few experiments, I'm probably going to need to knock on wood after reporting this - tried Netflix without using tinychat and webcam or a webcam on other messenger service. Made it through two doctor who episodes (~2 hours) without any malfunctions, so it wasn't something conflicting with the streaming service and might be a wacky webcam driver issue... and as I recall the PCtuneup site mentioned I needed to update the driver on the built-in webcam.

Edited by Itachirumon, 13 April 2012 - 01:08 AM.

Advertisements