Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

xp wont boot

• Please log in to reply

hsnyder95

hsnyder95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
Sorry I am a atrocious speller, and ya I was going to use that fourm

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Before you go there, give me 30 minutes and I will post back

hsnyder95

hsnyder95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
umm opps. Already started it

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
My good colleague rashaffer61 is back now and he has of course run this thread, so he will I am sure post and you should wait for his response.

My feelng is

1. You have insufficient ram - 512Mb to run what you have installed successfully

2. AVG is quite a user of resources and you would be better advised to choose another AV possibly Microsoft Security Essentials or AVAST or Avira however although that will serve you better with ony 512 of ram, the real answer is the ram - it needs upgrading.

3. As my colleague commented Advanced system care from IOBit and the included smart defrag running at startup are not needed, really are not advisable and would be best left off the computer

4. I have little doubt that the startup items, the scheduled items in Task Scheduler are part of the problem

5. I see your most imporatnt task and indeed what I view as the immediate need the back up of your data, as we still do not know why the problem of the boot occurred and the report that the drive could not be found.

6. As to your referral to Malware, I think that decision is best left with my colleague rshaffer61 who has been helping you and indeed is very much my mentor.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
Well I have just seen that you have already opened a topic in malware and linked it to this topic

Please go back and attach the requested OTL log
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/
YOUR Immediate back up of your data is STILL the most important

hsnyder95

hsnyder95

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
ok thank you for all the help.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
rshaffer61 did all the work
Good luck with it

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Thanks Macboatmaster and hsnyder95 this topic will remain open so once they have declared your system healthy and if the issue still is not resolved then return back here and we will continue.