xp wont boot
Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:06 PM
Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:27 PM
My feelng is
1. You have insufficient ram - 512Mb to run what you have installed successfully
2. AVG is quite a user of resources and you would be better advised to choose another AV possibly Microsoft Security Essentials or AVAST or Avira however although that will serve you better with ony 512 of ram, the real answer is the ram - it needs upgrading.
3. As my colleague commented Advanced system care from IOBit and the included smart defrag running at startup are not needed, really are not advisable and would be best left off the computer
4. I have little doubt that the startup items, the scheduled items in Task Scheduler are part of the problem
5. I see your most imporatnt task and indeed what I view as the immediate need the back up of your data, as we still do not know why the problem of the boot occurred and the report that the drive could not be found.
6. As to your referral to Malware, I think that decision is best left with my colleague rshaffer61 who has been helping you and indeed is very much my mentor.
Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:30 PM
Please go back and attach the requested OTL log
YOUR Immediate back up of your data is STILL the most important
Posted 14 April 2012 - 03:43 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users