Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hitman Pro Found MBR Problem, Now I can't boot [Closed]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Here it is

Attached Files

Advertisements

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

please see my previous post about running chkdsk /r.
regards myrti

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Sorry for the delay, here is the correct boot log.

Attached Files

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

did you run chkdsk /r?

regards myrti

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Yes I did, it found no problems. Did the boot log not change?

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

no it hasn't. It would seem Windows can't access and write to the drive and therefore the log isn't changing.

Could you post a fresh log from driver.sh from xpud?

regards myrti

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Here is the new report.

Attached Files

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
hi,

I'm having a hard time coming up with more ideas. :unsure: One thing we could try is to run OTLPE from a different windows live-cd. Do you have your Windows CD at hand? Could you create (or do you already have a built) UBCD4Win or BartPE CD?

regards myrti

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I don't have my CD here at the office, I believe I have one in a moving box at my house that I will try to find tonight. What do you think of this? http://www.sevenforu...p-recovery.html
Is it worth a shot to try and get through the recovery loop and then see what you or gammo can do to clean my system from there?

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

I think this should've been covered by trying the last known good config, but it's certainly worth a try because Windows doesn't always work the way I think it does. :whistling:

A few words of advice though: I've had my userprofile (and all data stored in my documents, desktop, etc) deleted by doing this procedure due to some unlucky coincidences. So before trying this make sure that all data that is important on this PC has been backed up.
Even then I would advice to only copy and replace the SYSTEM and the SOFTWARE hive. The other 3 are extremely unlikely to be causing this issue and are the ones storing data on your userprofiles, which you do not want "reset to default".

regards myrti

Advertisements

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I did a system restore back to the day I first was infected with malware and Windows started to boot with no Startup Repair. Another error came up though and says LogonUI.exe - System Error. The program can't start because SHELL32.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem. After that the login screen came up and let me type in my password. Again that error came up when I typed in my password, after clicking ok the welcome screen was on for a bit and the screen went black. Any thoughts on proceeding now?

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

can you try booting into safe mode and let me know if you get a desktop there? If not please run FRST from the repair environment again and post the log for me.

regards myrti

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
After that attempt I tried to boot in safe mode and this time it went straight to the login screen where after I typed in the password the SHELL32.dll error appeared. After clicking ok it brought me to a black screen that says safe mode in all four corners and Microsoft Windows (Build7601: Service Pack 1) in the middle on top.

Brandon Maki

Brandon Maki

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
I will leave it here in safe mode until I get further instructions from you, myrti, or gammo. This is progress at least.

myrti

myrti

Expert

• Expert
  • 2,580 posts
Hi,

ok, since we can't run anything from your machine just yet, please run a fresh scan with FRST and show me the log:

You need to download and run the FRST64 version:

For x32 (x86) bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save it to a flash drive.
For x64 bit systems download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64 and save it to a flash drive.

Plug the flashdrive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
  • Restart the computer.
  • As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
  • Use the arrow keys to select the Repair your computer menu item.
  • Choose your language settings, and then click Next.
  • Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
  • Select your user account and click Next.
On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt
[*]Select Command Prompt
[*]In the command window type in notepad and press Enter.
[*]The notepad opens. Under File menu select Open.
[*]Select "Computer" and find your flash drive letter and close the notepad.
[*]In the command window type e:\frst.exe (for x64 bit version type e:\frst64) and press Enter
Note: Replace letter e with the drive letter of your flash drive.
[*]The tool will start to run.
[*]When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
[*]Press Scan button.
[*]It will make a log (FRST.txt) on the flash drive. Please copy and paste it to your reply.[/list]