Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

google Redirect in IE, Legit Site

• Please log in to reply

blueblue

blueblue

• PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi all, my IE keeps giving me a google redirect, but I don't have the virus, I checked that; the redirect takes me to a legit google site. I need to see what my settings are, though I thought I set that up so google would not be my default search.

I asked about this in another thread but should've started a new one because the OP has a slightly different problem. Here's the link from my first post there. My Link

There's a few more details to this. I had to use IE to look at the Sandboxie site. This all started on sunday, April 1, 2012. I downloaded Sanboxie and put my browsers in there, and clicked on the link in their window. At first, everything was fine. While in IE, I saw 2 google symbols in the search, so I tried deleting them. I deleted one but could not do the other. This may be where my problem started. I don't know. I set up my preferred search, and thought everything was OK.

Sandboxie is supposed to prevent programs from making changes to an application. I hope I've explained that correctly.

I think I've given all the details. If I can fix it myself I will, and report back here. The last time I used IE, there was no google as default. FF has google as default, too but I just changed search engiines and was OK. I don't recall being able to delete all of it from there either.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

Sincerely, bb

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi blueblue,

Thanks for starting this thread. :)

Did you try changing your Home Page and Search Engine back to what they were before in IE8?

blueblue

blueblue

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts
Hi, thanks for your reply and suggestions. A few nights ago, before reading this, I got into IE and found some settings I had missed, was able to remove google and make sure my homepage was set as I wanted. Now I need to test it.

Thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

Sincerely, blueblue :D

Edited by blueblue, 07 April 2012 - 09:20 AM.