Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway desktop 500se power cord and fan problems

• Please log in to reply

38specialady

38specialady

• Pip
  • 3 posts
This gateway powers up, green lights are on inside but moniter reads check power cord to modem.
Which when I had recieved this pc the pcs unit was loose, screws missing.

I would like to know what is all involved in switching out the pcs, Can I replace it with a working one from an hp desktop.

Thank you,

Dina

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
On 20 January 2012 you commenced this topic
http://www.geekstogo...__fromsearch__1

it did appear that rather than asking for help, you were being kind enough to post a Thank you to the site in general.
However you post raised concern as to exactly what, if indeed any, Anti virus program you were running and advice was posted as to the possible way forward

Unfortunately as you never replied the matter could not be pursued.

Would you kindly oblige by updating that topic first.

In respect of this topic. It does not appear to be the same computer

Which when I had recieved this pc the pcs unit was loose, screws missing.

Would you kindly clarify for us, if this a new computer to you, for your personal/family use, or are you seeking our advice in connection with some form of business - of repairing computers for people.

Please see this from our Terms of Use

We offer free computer help and tech support for home and personal use. We are not here to support others that work for profit, or to support/replace your company's IT department.

Please do not be offended but it would help if you could clarify the situation , before help is offered.
Thank you