Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Issues with VNC viewer and Server

• Please log in to reply

brady1988

brady1988

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Hello there, i was wondering if any of you guys know about VNC viewer and VNC server i just downloaded REALVNC.viewerplus v1.1.0 and RealVNC enterprise, my idea was to install VNC viewer on my sister's computer and be able to monitor all activity (she is in another country)
and the VNC enterprise get it installed on mine as the server but turns out it wont work fail to connect: connection timed out (10060) , now i do not know for sure if VNC works for the tyoe of connection im trying to set up between my computer and hers you guys are the experts maybe you could tell me a different software that might just work fine, i just wanna be able to see what my daughter is doing after school and be able to connect from anywhere in the world to his computer to see what she's doing, well i hope you all understand my situation thank you in advanced you guys are the best, have a good one.Posted Image

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
VNC viewer should be on your computer

and VNC server on her computer...

good guide here