Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Bioshock 2 problems

• Please log in to reply

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I am having problems running Bioshock 2 on steam. There was an error installing it and i will attach a photo displaying it. When i installed it i opened it up and everything was running fine. It asked me to update, i had no problem with that, so i did. The update went fine and no errors occurred. When i try to run the game nothing happens, no logo and no splash screen or launcher open up. I looked on many forums pertaining to the errors, and i tried to install the latest version of Games for Windows live. When i try to run the windows live application i get a message (the message will be in the second photo) and i click the view help button and it doesn't direct me to anything useful. I'm at a loss i have been trying to figure this out and i have had no luck.The third photo is of my sysspecs from the program.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bioshock2.PNG
  • Bioshoc2-1.PNG
  • BS2-2.PNG

Edited by deejaycea101, 07 April 2012 - 11:04 AM.

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hello,

For the middle picture you have attached, what does it display when you click on "View Help"?

Also the first is an error with Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, you could try repairing or uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Regards

Troy

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
When i click the view help button i get redirected to this website http://support.xbox....es/game-support
How would i go about repairing Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable, do i need to download a program?

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
You should be able to find it in the Programs and Features control panel applet. When you click on it once, the buttons should become available to either uninstall or repair/change.

If a repair doesn't fix it, uninstall it. You can download it from the Microsoft Website here:

x86 (32-bit) version:
http://www.microsoft...ls.aspx?id=3387

x64 (64-bit) version:
http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=21254

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I do not seem to have it, all the programs named Microsoft with the C++ in it are in the photo none have the 2005. There is something labeled 2005 is that it? Should i go to the website and download the program?

Attached Thumbnails

• Bio3.PNG

Edited by deejaycea101, 10 April 2012 - 06:36 PM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Well perhaps it is needed for the game but you don't have it - try and install it and see what happens then.

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
A box similar to the first one popped up when it was almost done with installation. I attached it below.

Attached Thumbnails

• Bio4.PNG

Edited by deejaycea101, 11 April 2012 - 05:08 AM.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Is that the 32-bit or 64-bit version? Have you tried both links?

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I tried both with no difference, except the 32 bit version gave me a different error. I looked and it was the same error as what i linked in the first post.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
Hhhmmm interesting. I am heading off now but can you try Googling the error code and description, I am sure you will find some information on it and possibly some things to try as a fix. Report back on what helpful links you find and if you have tried any of the resolutions you find.

Regards

Troy

Advertisements

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
It seems that (form the little i read) the error has to do with an internal problem with my os. I will try to repair it with the discs and hopefully that will work. I will keep you posted.

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
OK i have the drivers and utilities disc for my computer, and it says i can reinstall the software on my computer on the disc, but i seem to not understand how i am supposed to go about doing that. It would be greatly appreciated if you could explain how i'm supposed to repair my computer off of the software disc.

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,839 posts
I'm not sure what you are asking - do you want to repair your Operating System?

Next up I was going to suggest an uninstall/reinstall of the Games for Windows Live program.

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
I already re-installed the Games for Windows live program. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Edited by deejaycea101, 17 April 2012 - 03:46 AM.

deejaycea101

deejaycea101

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts
Thanks for all your help. I literally did nothing and just tried to open windows live messenger and GFWLM and the both opened no problem. I have no clue what the problem was. Now that i can open those programs i can play bioshock 2 now. I am utterly confused, but thank you again for your time.