Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is the normal temperature for core i3 2310M ?

• Please log in to reply

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
please answer following questions ::
1 what should be the normal temperature for cpu of my laptop when loaded (approximately)?
2 In the morning i did diagnostic test , in the system information there is written "it will take only 30 minutes " but my system took about one and half hours . why it happens ?
3 do you think there any hardware problem in my system . should i change the system ? if possible .............!
4 when i start the system , there comes blue screen giving some warning about BIOS . what does it refer ?
5 is my system good for normal use ?
6 which antivirus should i use ? where can i find good antivirus for my system? :help:

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

please answer following questions ::

1 what should be the normal temperature for cpu of my laptop when loaded (approximately)?

This will vary depending on the load you are putting on it. Normally we don't like to see the temps go above 65C

2 In the morning i did diagnostic test , in the system information there is written "it will take only 30 minutes " but my system took about one and half hours . why it happens ?

Not know what diagnostics test you are running and the amount of data and capcity of your hard drive will affect the actual amount of time it takes. When it post a message saying it will take XXXX amount of time this is only approximate time and should never be used as a definite statement.

3 do you think there any hardware problem in my system . should i change the system ? if possible .............!

This is hard to determine without knowing what your future intentional use of your system will be. When I custom build a system the first question I ask is what is your present and future needs from your system. Then I help design the system around those needs.

4 when i start the system , there comes blue screen giving some warning about BIOS . what does it refer ?

Without knowing the exact message I would only be guessing of about a half a dozen different reasons for the message.

5 is my system good for normal use ?

Yes

6 which antivirus should i use ? where can i find good antivirus for my system? :help:

'We recommend Avast or MSE mostly. Below are links to both.
Please download Avast from my signature below. Please make sure you do the registration as it is good for a year or more. When it is due simply just reregister it.
Avast in my opinion is better because:

It's FREE to the Home User
It Updates it's Definitions daily
You can scan Individual Files, Folders and Drives
No buying new versions every year

http://www.avast.com...avast-home.html

MSE

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
please answer the following questions :::
1 what is the normal temperature for my laptop's cpu at normal load on cpu ?
2 in the morning i did the diagnostic test . it took about one and half hour to complete that test but in the information box it is written that it will take just thirty minute to complete this test .why it took long time to complete this test in my laptop ?
3 is there any problem in my laptop's hardware ? should i change my laptop system as it is under warrenty if possible......?
4 why there comes blue screen with some warning about bios when i start the laptop ?
5 is my system's performance is good for normal use ?
6 which antivirus should i use ? please give me suggestions where can i find good antivirus ? :help:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I answered every question in my last post. Why are you asking for the same answers again?

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
May I come in with just a few observations

bgrex
1. From the screenshot of your desktop in your post 4 you already have AVAST free edition installed. This was before you asked about which Anti-vrius we recommended.

So either that is the free anti-virus provided when the computer was first sold - but usually new computers come with a 30 or 60 day trial of a anti-virus program and then offer the option to purchase, or to continue with the free edition if anti-virus producers offer one.

So unless you have since the screenshot changed something YOU ALREADY have Avast installed.
AND INDEED I now know you do as according to PITSTOP it was installed on the 3 April

2. I see you have installed CCleaner, installed - which you installed on 6 April.
The program is excellent, if you understand how to use it - be careful when using the registry cleaner aspect.
Generally speaking on a NEW computer with Windows 7 installed, you should not find it necessary to start using any registry cleaner.

3.It also appears you have installed Performance test - Passmark software.

I do not know if you have tried what is known as overclocking this computer, that is changing settings in the BIOS by way of memory voltages and timings etc.

If you HAVE this may well be the cause of the apparent unusual behaviour.

There is one other point and I do not know your level of knowledge.
LAPTOP is a misnomer to a certain extent, as the last place it should be used unless you ensure that the air vents are clear is on your lap or on any soft surface.
Many people have overheated laptops by running them on soft surfaces where the air vents could not function. - as indeed my colleagues rshaffer61 and phillpower2 have mentioned - and the ambient temperatures

4. You also I notice have Folder Lock installed

http://www.newsoftwa...res#encryptfile

depending on which of the available options you have chosen, this may indeed be the reason for the apparent slow performance.

5.. I presume the computer was bought sometime in early March from Bhushan Computers, I think you are in India or that part of the world.

MY ADVICE especially in view of the warning messages regarding the BIOS is to resist the temptation to try any FIXIT especially anything YOU may find on a web search and do as suggested by my colleagues
TAKE the laptop back to the supplier and seek their assistance, as even forgetting the possible causes of the apparently high temperatures, you should ensure before time progresses, that you have not been unfortunate enough to have been supplied with a faulty laptop.
Like any other electronic device - this does occasionally occur.

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
thank you sir for giving me your valuable time to solve my problem :thumbsup:

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
as macboatmaster sir has stated that "It also appears you have installed Performance test - Passmark software.

I do not know if you have tried what is known as overclocking this computer, that is changing settings in the BIOS by way of memory voltages and timings etc.

If you HAVE this may well be the cause of the apparent unusual behaviour."
what does it mean ? is there comes any problem in BIOS setting ? how to test and repair this problem ? please give suggestions

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
If you do not know what it means you most likely have not done it.

It means you alter settings in the BIOS to overdrive - overclock - various hardware in an attempt to obtain the limits of performance.

It is all rather really, an aside issue, unless you know you have been "playing around in the BIOS"

Even if you have the advice is still the same - take it back before time progresses.

Whatever you have done and whatever programs you have run will be known to the tech examining the computer, so the more you try NOW to fixit, the greater the risk of the claim under warrantry being questionable.

THAT does NOT include what has been done here on Geeks to Go, as the programs and utilities we asked you run were analytical only

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
that means there is no problem in my system ..........i have not to worry about my system .every thing is okay .yes?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
You are asking questions which is good but not answering any. Is the system in any way failing to run correctly?

Advertisements

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
i don't get you sir .what you are saying ? i give answers of all questions .......... :confused:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Using a laptop cooling pad would help your laptop stay cooler. Some thing like this HERE is what I am suggesting.
Other then that your system seems to be working fine from what we are seeing. Unless there is a specific issue you are having I see nothing wrong with your system.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• 7,237 posts
bgrex

now i days when i open my laptop there comes blue screen giving some information about crash....now a days it comes frequently ! please explain what fault are there in my system ! :help:

The laptop is only at the most a month or so old.

Why do you not do as has been recommended, take it back to the supplier, explain YOUR concerns and have it examined under the warrantry agreement

They the supplier`s techs have the distinct advantage that we do not have - they can see it working, they can test it under all the conditions they wish and either ASSURE you all is OK or fix, mend, replace whatever is not OK.

This topic, is with the greatest of respect and the desire of eveyone who has contributed to help you, getting you no further forward.

Please be assured that any options we offer, will return to the same MOST suitable and sensible option with a laptop that is NEW.

Take it back to the supplier.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I am wondering if the BSOD is still happening as we have not been informed of the present issue being resolved or not. :confused: