Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

what is the normal temperature for core i3 2310M ?

• Please log in to reply

bgrex

bgrex

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
What happen to my system ? please suggest me .............!?
i bought the laptop 25 days ago. specification of laptop is as follow.
dell vostro 1450
* Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i3
* Variant: 2310M
* Chipset: Intel Mobile HM 67 Express
* Clock Speed: 2.1 Ghz
* Cache memory: 3MB
* Expandable Memory: up to 8GB
* Memory Slots: 2
* System memory: 2GB DDR3 RAM
* HDD: 320 GB 5400 rpm
* HDD Type: SATA
* Optical Drive: DVD RW
* Display: 14.1 inch HD WLED Anti-Glare Display
* Resolution: 1366 x 768 pixels
* Graphics: Standard Intel HD Graphics
* Web Cam: 1.3 megapixel
* Touchpad
* Standard Keyboard
* Internal Mic: Available
* Speakers: Integrated Stereo Sound
* Ethernet: Integrated 10/100 Ethernet LAN
* Wireless LAN: 802.11 b/g/n
* Bluetooth Combo v3.0
* Battery: 6-cell
* Battery Backup: up to 3 hours
* USB Port: 3 x USB 2.0
* Mic In: Available
* RJ45: Available
* HDMI Port: Available
* VGA Port: Available
* Multi Card Slot: 3 in 1 Card Reader
* Weight: 2.2 kg
when i start my laptop in the morning time the temperature of laptop is min.44 degree celcius and max. of 65 .at that time the load of cpu is about 22.4% . the temperature of my laptop never falls below 42 degree celcius.while converting videos the temperature ranges from 50-73 deg.celcius cpu load at this time is about 39%. this temperature of laptop is measured with the help of real temp 3.70. is it okay temperature for my laptop or there is some problem with my cpu? does the utility like real temp 3.70 give the real temp. of cpu.?? how to know that your cpu is in good condition ? i don't play any games in my laptop . my laptop is just for net surfing and word processing . i heard that when your cpu is not performing well the temperature of cpu goes up . is it true ? sound of fan is also loud.normally in my laptop fan never go off.there is always the sound coming from fan.is the normal for the "NEW LAPTOP"? :help:
THANK YOU

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Download Speedfan (The download link is to the right), and install it. Once it's installed, run the program and post here the information it shows.
The information I want you to post is the stuff that is circled in the example picture I have attached.
To make sure we are getting all the correct information it would help us if you were to attach a screenshot like the one below of your Speedfan results.

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard.
  • It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
  • Now go to Start and then to All Programs
  • Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
  • In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
  • Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
  • Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next reply

Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Also how old is the laptop and is there still a warranty active for it?

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
laptop is just new . i bought this laptop just 1 month ago .there is warrenty for my laptop. how to configure speedfan as you have done? .please give suggestions .screen shots of my laptop is given below..

Attached Thumbnails

• final temp1.jpg

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
bgrex
I have included a link to your duplicate topic so that colleague rshaffer61 can take a look http://www.geekstogo...ur-suggestions/

Things that you need to consider when analyzing your system (including CPU) temperature/s.
1: What is the ambient (room - outside) temperature where the notebook is being used - are you in India for example?
2: Is the notebook being used on a flat - firm surface so as to allow the maximum amount of airflow around the case including the vents?
Notebooks should not be used placed on the lap or soft furnishings such as cushions or bed quilts.
3: You said you do not use the notebook for gaming however you also said that the temps reach 50-73C when you convert videos, this is to be expected as the CPU and the integrated video chip are being worked hard just as they would be when gaming, add this to either NOs 1 or 2 above or both and you will get an increase in temperatures.

Are you aware that the Maximum operating temperature for your CPU is 100/C - you would not want to allow this but it does show how much tolerance you have.

Something for you to do while rshaffer61 is offline;

Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop...pit/default.asp
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Thanks to rshaffer61 for the PCPitstop instructions :thumbsup:

NB: I hope you do not mind the interjection Ron.

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
sir , i am unable to do so i try it but not able . why i don't know ? is there any other way ? :help:

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
What are you not able to do? Are you stuck on a certain step or can you not get to the site at all?
Are you using IE to get to the site because FF will not work.

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
because of following reason sir ! what to do ?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Follow the steps in post 5. It gives step by step instructions on what to do. Once done just post the page address to the results from the test.

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
isn't there any other procedure to test the system because my laptop system is unable to perform above test . i have one performance test program can i use that .performance test by passmark.com ! :unsure:

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please explain why you can't run the test requested by Phillpower and the PC Pitstop diagnostics?

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
because of internet service i was unable to do so but today i have done it .....! site address is ::::
http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24869730
what is the condition of my hard disk ? is it all okay ? now i days when i open my laptop there comes blue screen giving some information about crash....now a days it comes frequently ! please explain what fault are there in my system ! :help:

bgrex

bgrex

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
also explain the performance of my processor . :unsure:

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Your HDD and CPU performances are fine, can you carry out the Windows own memory test please, for "how to" see http://windows.micro...n-your-computer let us know the results please.

NB: Can you please either wait for a reply or edit your earlier post to include any additional question/s, this will avoid cluttering up the inbox which may cause a delay in reply times, thank you for understanding.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your system boots fine and runs fine. I see no driver issues on your PC Pitstop log but I do not see a installed AV at all which is like playing Russian Roulette in the cyber world.
Other then your temps being elevated but not dangerous I see nothing else wrong with your system. This can be caused by the ambient temp in your room or what the system is laying on.
A laptop cooling mat may help.
Since the system is only a month old and a active warranty is still in affect we are limited on what we can do and much of that is software based.