1. You installed windows on 27 March 2012 - was this problem please the reason for the reinstall OR what was the problem that instigated the reinstall.
Nope, the problem didn't appear when I was installing windows. And from what I remember, I didn't see anything else that could cause the slow desktop. It started getting worse as time went by...
2. On 11 April you installed MZ XP Tweak - was this in an attempt please to solve the problem OR with the benefit of hindsight was this when the problem began.
Yes, I installed it to see if it would fix the problem but it didnít... Before though, I researched it a lot, well I researched WHY the computer was taken so long to get to the desktop and taking so long for my start-up to ďstart-upĒ. But I reverted my changes to MZ XP Tweak. After I reverted my settings, and I restarted, the computer froze a lot more.
3. When I looked at one of your screenshots you had AVAST, now you do not have Avast but you have ESET
May I ask that you consider not making any more changes to the computer whilst I am working with you, except what I suggest and of course you accept to try, as the decision must always be yours, whether or not to accept my recommendations
Yea, sorry about that... But I was trying different antiviruses and ESET seemed to start before any of the other antiviruses, in fact, it was the first to start-up. May I ask, do you recommend, Comodo Internet Security? If not, what antivirus and firewall do you recommend? And what security do you recommend?
4. You also have installed a Image Optimizer program I see it can be used to both optimize and compress images. Is there any chance you have used it to compress the desktop wallpaper, if so would you uncompress or unoptimise it and see if that takes us anywhere.
I have a digital camera and use that program to optimize my pictures. That program only does pictures and not desktop the wallpaper. I donít know if it can compress images or not.
5. When you go msconfig, on the first screen you must be running selective start-up, configured possibly via that MZ XP Tweak, would you AFTER trying the image suggestion, if that does not work, please undo the changes in MZ XP tweak and see if that helps.
I presume you will then be running normal start-up.
I looked at the msconfig before I reverted my MZ XP Tweak... And it did have the selective start-up configured. What the best start-up in msconfig; selective or normal? And if selective, what would you have me to chose?
Ill do number 6 later on today. Cause Iím tired, itís about 3am CST... lol