Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Black screen

• Please log in to reply

hpf

hpf

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have a fairly new system running on XP Pro. I have set up multiple accounts, one for each family member, 5 limited accounts and 1 administrator account. The computer regulary but randomly "freezes" when any one account is logged off. Instead off getting to the user account sign on window as it should....... the screen goes black and there is no more activity. I have tried hitting escape, wake up, power, sleep, even giving it TIME with no results. The only way is to reset and I'm worried that this practice could be detrimental in the long term. I have also tried reloading Windows XP.... no change. Has anyone experienced the same frustration?

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs...list them here.

hpf

hpf

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

start > run
eventvwr.msc
<enter>

Look under systems and applications for items with red Xs...list them here.

View Post

error Application Hang (101) 1002
error Application error none 1000
error MsiInstaller none 11706
error MsiInstaller none 10000

error DCOM none 10010
error DCOM none 10005
error Windows update agent software 16